There is a question that must not leave the minds of car owners: “What’s the best approach to secure my car against being stolen?”
Skilled thieves make their living out of car theft. They can do this because they know the deception that you’re not aware of. To eliminate this, take a few precautions to avoid becoming a victim of car theft. Consider the following tips on how to prevent car stealing to avoid high premiums.
Layer your protection
By layering anti-theft devices, it creates a strong way of stopping car stealing. If you have the right combination, you safeguard your car in various ways and eliminate the opportunities of having it stolen.
Add an alarm system
The sound of an alarm will definitely control the thief in his attempt to steal your car before he even succeeds in doing it.
Consider immobilization device
The use of immobilization device will put an additional protective layer. It discourages the thief from hot-wiring your car.
Many car models have already the built-in hidden button which the driver pushes to get it started.
Likewise, smart keys contain an installed chip which keeps the car from starting if another key is used.
This is the best tip to find a stolen car. The market offers a number of monitoring devices to use:
- A passive system that looks like a black box carried by an airplane. It stays there in the glove box and gets GPS details like trip time, speed and distance.
- Real-time tracking system that lets you track your car in real time using a mobile device.
With several products, disabling the car’s starter is possible. This system alerts you when the car drives from where it is parked.
When installing an anti-theft tool, put a sticker or a notice anywhere in the car so the robbers can see it.
Use common sense
Discontinuing a bad habit has long-term benefits toward controlling car theft:
- Never leave your keys inside the car. Whether you hang them in the ignition or store them in glove box, you’re helping the thief get what he needs if he wants to steal your car.
- Lock the car doors. Make a habit of regularly locking your car door. Before leaving the car, always double check to ensure your keys are in the proper place.
- Park in a properly-light space. Parking area without lights is the first thing thieves always look for.
Auto theft has the effect on the rates of car insurance—whether direct or indirect. The rising incident of car stealing pushes the car insurance companies to raise premiums.
If you have filed a claim previously, chances are your premium will be higher if you renew your car insurance next time.
It’s worth the money and time finding ways to protect your car.
To get additional information about How to Prevent Car Stealing to Avoid High Premiums, please contact us at DMG Insurance and Financial Services, Inc. (http://www.dmginsurance.com) at 543 N State Road 7, STE 106, Royal Palm Beach EL, 33411, phone 561 422 7071, Fax 561 422 7072.